Structureware Lite from Schneider Electric (part # MPM-GW)
Schneider Struxureware Lite (SSL) is an innovative product from our friends at Schneider Electric. It is the missing link in building retrofit and energy projects.
Energy service companies (ESCO’s) and System Integrators who retrofit buildings are all over the SSL technology for its unparalleled flexibility. Benefits of the Schneider Struxureware Lite (PDF) include the following:
- Completely tool-less set up with only a web browser (no licenses required!)
- Totally wireless networking and integration of ZigBee-Pro t-stats from Viconics and Schneider, as well as EnOcean battery-less devices from many manufacturers
- Everything you do or connect into a SSL device is exposed automagically via BACnet IP for integration to the enterprise EMS
- IP, wireless ZigBee mesh or RS485 twisted pair CAN-bus networking between SSL devices, or a mixture of all of the above
- HTML 5 graphics and dashboards served up from the SSL devices (a complete micro EMS in a box)
- Onboard IO on some models for total control of typical unitary equipment while networking wirelessly
- GPL graphically programmed logic or line coded via LUA line code (it’s your choice)
Three SSL Models
The SSL comes in three models.
- GW – The wireless gateway model, which looks and mounts like a WiFi access point – MPM-GW Data Sheet (PDF)
- UN – The universal model with wireless capabilities and built in I/O – MPM-UN Data Sheet (PDF)
- VA – The VAV model with built in I/O and with or without actuator – MPM-VA Data Sheet (PDF)
Struxureware Lite (part # MPM-UN)
Any model can have both ZigBee and/or EnOcean wireless built in.
Models with IO can be used to control unitary equipment such as RTU, HP, AHU, UV and VAV!
That’s right, a completely wireless VAV or UV or RTU solution with no tools or licenses needed.
Wireless unitary control of equipment can be done using the UN or VA controllers that form a ZigBee wireless mesh network, or via IP or twisted pair, unitary equipment room or zone sensors for the unitary equipment can be EnOcean battery-less sensors, a 100% wireless battery-less solution.
Endless Potential for Applications
Great possibilities for this technology are everywhere, such as pneumatic VAV and UV retrofits or RTU retrofits using a roof top ZigBee mesh network, great for existing single or multi-story buildings and malls.
EnOcean devices play a key role in extending the capabilities of the SSL controllers, the EnOcean ecosystem devices such as sensors, relays, motion detectors, plug load controllers and battery operated hot water valve actuators can be used to retrofit buildings with advanced energy saving technologies with out pulling wires or having to deal with constant battery replacement.
Revolutionize your energy retrofit projects. Contact us at 781-335-8353 or here for Schneider Struxureware Lite pricing and availability.