We are proud to announce that CCI is an Authorized Distributor of Johnson Controls.
Johnson Controls has an extensive line of HVAC control products designed to to keep people comfortable in all types of buildings whether they be municipal buildings, schools, hospitals, and other commercial buildings. Their HVAC controls are reliable, efficient, built to last, and include:
- Actuators – From direct mount electric to remote mount electric to spring return to non-spring return and pneumatic.
- Air Control Products – Meet IAQ requirements for ventilation with durable air measuring products. Control dampers can be custom-built to meet specific application needs. Options include low-leakage, industrial, balancing, safety and backdraft.
- Control Sensors – Humidity, temperature, pressure, occupancy and carbon dioxide sensors.
- Current Sensors & Transducers – Current switch devices and current transducer devices make it easy to monitor current loads on pumps, fans, blowers, heating coils and lighting.
- Thermostats – For comfort and energy savings
- Valves – Reliable, leak-proof valves ranging from ½ inch to 20 inches for all sorts of applications such as unit ventilators, VAV boxes and chillers.
- Variable Speed Drives – Every energy-saving variable speed drives from Johnson Controls is equipped with a patented algorithm that provides 2-10% energy savings.
Contact CCI for all your Johnson Controls needs.
KMC just released SimplyVAV. This. is. BIG.
What is SimplyVAV from KMC?
Simply put, SimplyVAV simplifies digital variable air volume projects.
SimplyVAV is a digital product – but it fills a universal replacement need in a way that is almost as straightforward as an old thermostat used to be. It is the way to go in today’s digital VAV project marketplace. A few of the reasons we’re so excited about it:
- Integrated controllers/actuators with built-in apps that are easy to install, setup and commission
- Companion line of sensors
- All programming is built into the controllers, and you use the companion room sensor to access them
- Can be standalone or networked
- Made in the USA
A SimplyVAV video overview from KMC
KMC has put together a SimplyVAV website with fantastic resources like data sheets, submittal drawings, full installation instructions, and instructional videos.
The SimplyVAV products are available through CCI’s online store or give us a call at 781-335-8353 for pricing and availability.
CCI carries Honeywell dampers – both round and rectangular options, over 100 size options, and for almost every zoning application. The dampers are high quality, and are built for installation flexibility and reliability. Our most popular dampers include:
- D690 Round Dampers. They’re designed to be used with Honeywell’s ML6161 and ML7161 Direct Coupled Actuators.
- Honeywell’s D2 and D3 Control Dampers. They have 3-V style blades for application as automatic control or manual balancing dampers in low to medium pressure and velocity systems.
- D1 Airfoil Control Dampers. These low-leakage dampers with rugged steel Airfoil blades are for application as automatic control or manual balancing dampers, and are designed to meet the highest standards established for commercial control dampers. D1 dampers are intended for applications in medium- to high-pressure and velocity systems.
This week, CCI is fortunate to have Ed Merwin here to run two Niagara AX Sales Trainings. Ed is Tridium’s Director of Field Sales in charge of their Systems Integration Channel. In this role, he works with key end users, consulting engineers and system integrators on a daily basis, focusing on open systems issues utilizing multiple protocols and vendors.
Today’s training has just ended, and we’re excited to have another group here tomorrow for the Niagara AX Sales Training. The attendees of this training receive essential information about the capabilities and benefits of Honeywell WEBs and Tridium Vykon systems, as well as valuable strategies for presenting the power of Niagara to their prospective customers.
If you missed it this time around, you may be eligible to see a video of a past Niagara AX Sales Training. And, take a look at CCI’s 2014 Training Schedule to see our upcoming trainings from Belimo, Honeywell, DGLogik, Contemporary Controls, and more!
…can take your business to the next level.
The Niagara Summit 2014 is taking place in Las Vegas on April 27-29, 2014. If you haven’t signed up – there is still time to register.
We always appreciate the opportunity the Niagara Summit gives us to speak with others who are as passionate about building integration as we are. The Summit brings together the Niagara community to exchange ideas, make connections, gain valuable insight into industry trends and help shape the future of the Niagara platform. If you are a developer, programmer, building owner, engineer or executive there’s an opportunity for you to participate and engage in forums, presentations, and breakout sessions addressing the business value of Niagara, the power of the Niagara Framework and its programming flexibility, development topics and technology trends.
One of the many things we’re looking forward to this year is to hear from EasyIO about the new features that have been added to its flagship FG Series range of Controllers. The FG is not to be confused with a JACE, as it is targeted at the smaller building’s market sector, however, it does leverage the Niagara Framework, and works perfectly with a JACE or Supervisor, as its Area Controller and/or Supervisor. It also enables Niagara users to compete head on with the multiple non Niagara Solutions in the market.
Will we see you at the Niagara Summit?
We often get questions about how to select the best transformer for a particular application. We find the TR50VA015 is one of our most popular transformers. But, of course, it’s not always the right transformer for the job.
Here are some resources you can use to select the right Functional Devices transformer for your needs.
The Transformer Selection Guide lists:
- Transformer Part #
- VA Rating
- Over Current Protection
- Primary & Secondary Voltage (VAC)
- Foot Mount
The Transformer Style Guide has illustrations to help you identify the characteristics of each of the 13 styles of transformers.
Visit CCI’s HVAC and building controls online store to see most of the Functional Devices Transformers that we carry. If you don’t see what you need contact us, and we’ll work with you to find just what you need.
Are you participating in our IP and BACnet Networking 101 Training class on May 14-15, 2014? Bennett Levin from Contemporary Controls will be here to cover information that all BMS solution providers should know.
Another training resource from Contemporary Controls is their library of videos on networking technology.
In their latest video, find out how to use Niagara or Sedona Workbench to save and restore a simple Sedona program running on a BAScontrol20. Beyond saving and restoring a program, the example also shows useful actions relevant to other Sedona tasks such as:
- opening a device,
- opening Sedona,
- selecting and moving components,
- accessing and opening Sedona Palette,
- dragging components from Sedona kits to a wiresheet,
- connecting and enabling components,
- accessing Sedona Tools and the Application Manager — where executing a Get and a Put accomplishes the respective save and restore.
Watch the Contemporary Controls video.